Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It looks like this nursing home is among the best nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it received the very best rating. Even with Minneapolis offering 16 nursing homes available, this one jumped off the page as a quality option. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are equally impressive as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to receive several A+ category grades. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. We assessed the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. This topped off this place's straight A report card. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that had falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 94.15% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Ambassador, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 6.86 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.28 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis2.81 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita2.97 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Davita - New Hope3.43 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek3.94 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.73 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis4.98 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis5.73 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316