Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Antioch, Tennessee. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some decent marks. You can certainly do worse than this place. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Antioch, Tennessee Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. In fact, its inspection score was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category scores came in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.69892 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category ended up being short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility's least impressive category was nursing, which is the last area we looked at. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area. In spite of several respectable scores in other areas, this grade is nevertheless alarming so we wanted to point it out. In calculating our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 9.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Dialysis Associate, LLC0.65 miles away5214 Hickory Hollow Parkway Antioch Tennessee 37013Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 731-6368
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis3.07 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Dci Southern Hills4.27 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East6.58 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic6.94 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Davita Smyrna7.15 miles away537 Stonecrest Pkwy Suite 110 Smyrna Tennessee 37167Dialysis Stations: 8 (615) 220-2716
- Fmc Dialysis Assoc. Of Smyrna8.71 miles away10519 Cedar Grove Rd Smyrna Tennessee 37167Dialysis Stations: 16 (615) 220-1739
- Hermitage Dialysis9.05 miles away5530 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 18 Hermitage Tennessee 37076Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 232-7219