Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Antioch, Tennessee. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some decent marks. You can certainly do worse than this place. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this proved to be a decent nursing home is that it earned a favorable inspection grade. In this category, we gave this nursing home a B+. Our inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a grade of B+ in our long-term care category. This is one of our better scores. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 95 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is not an impressive grade. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Given its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the data we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Turning to the next area, we awarded this nursing home a D for the area of nursing. This is the facility's weakest category grade. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents which had falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 8.67% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 89.63% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Dialysis Associate, LLC0.65 miles away5214 Hickory Hollow Parkway Antioch Tennessee 37013Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 731-6368
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis3.07 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Dci Southern Hills4.27 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East6.58 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic6.94 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Davita Smyrna7.15 miles away537 Stonecrest Pkwy Suite 110 Smyrna Tennessee 37167Dialysis Stations: 8 (615) 220-2716
- Fmc Dialysis Assoc. Of Smyrna8.71 miles away10519 Cedar Grove Rd Smyrna Tennessee 37167Dialysis Stations: 16 (615) 220-1739
- Hermitage Dialysis9.05 miles away5530 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 18 Hermitage Tennessee 37076Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 232-7219