Golfview Healthcare Center is a small facility located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. We gave this facility an overall grade of A- which is a phenomenal overall rating. As a result, it is ranked among the better nursing homes in Saint Petersburg, which has plenty of very good facilities. We really can't say enough great things about this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Golfview Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing grade is based on a handful of subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Golfview Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. This nursing home received a better than average long-term care grade this year, with a grade of B-. Although this is not quite as dominant as several of its other grades, this is nevertheless a decent grade for that area. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinates 98.58156 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golfview Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 2.82 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Petersburg South Dialysis0.91 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg1.25 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Dialysis2.08 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care2.5 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis2.74 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- H Street North - St Petersburg2.77 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis2.8 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg3.09 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500