Golfview Healthcare Center is a small facility located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. We gave this facility an overall grade of A which is a phenomenal overall rating. As a result, it is ranked among the better nursing homes in Saint Petersburg, which has plenty of very good facilities. We really can't say enough great things about this facility. As you can find below, this place performed equally well in our category grades. We give this place two thumbs up!
Golfview Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor dings are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was awarded an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Golfview Healthcare Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, this facility also was given a first-rate long-term care score, with an A-. This completed a very impressive profile. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.56115 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golfview Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golfview Healthcare Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 2.82 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Petersburg South Dialysis0.91 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg1.25 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Dialysis2.08 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care2.5 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis2.74 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- H Street North - St Petersburg2.77 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis2.8 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg3.09 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500