Golfcrest Healthcare Center is in Hollywood, Florida, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is clearly a very strong facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. This facility was also given strong grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Golfcrest Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
600 North 17th Ave,
Hollywood FL 33020
84.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent long-term care score, with a grade of A. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a very impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, this ended up being this facility's second most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In our short-term care score, we strive to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Golfcrest Healthcare Center?
This nursing home has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this area. Our inspection grades are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The next category we looked at was nursing, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. Although this is its weakest category grade, this is still an impressive grade. Our nursing rating is based on many data points, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golfcrest Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Hollywood, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hollywood, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 6.88 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- South Florida Dialysis1.13 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500
- Hallandale Dialysis1.3 miles away2655 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 925-9909
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Broward1.35 miles away2700 Hollywood Blvd Suite 100 Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 926-5090
- Memorial Regional Hosp - Pediatric Dialysis2.4 miles away3501 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33021Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 265-0100
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services2.42 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- Hollywood Dialysis2.53 miles away4000 Hollywood Blvd #175-S Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 962-3100
- South Broward Artificial Kidney Ctr2.94 miles away4401 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 962-2211
- Aventura Kidney Center2.94 miles away22 Sw 11th Street Hallandale Florida 33009Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 458-0887