Golfcrest Healthcare Center is in Hollywood, Florida, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this is a very good facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the country. This facility also received impressive grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Golfcrest Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall score, this nursing home earned even higher grades in the area of long-term care. In fact, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections. It received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with an A-. Few nursing homes with an overall score in this range performed as well in multiple categories. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Golfcrest Healthcare Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. We weighed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. This facility was awarded a very good short-term care grade this year, with a B. This facility truly did not have any weak spots. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golfcrest Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is critical to patients well-being.
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Hollywood, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hollywood, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 6.88 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- South Florida Dialysis1.13 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500
- Hallandale Dialysis1.3 miles away2655 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 925-9909
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Broward1.35 miles away2700 Hollywood Blvd Suite 100 Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 926-5090
- Memorial Regional Hosp - Pediatric Dialysis2.4 miles away3501 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33021Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 265-0100
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services2.42 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- Hollywood Dialysis2.53 miles away4000 Hollywood Blvd #175-S Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 962-3100
- South Broward Artificial Kidney Ctr2.94 miles away4401 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 962-2211
- Aventura Kidney Center2.94 miles away22 Sw 11th Street Hallandale Florida 33009Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 458-0887