Golfcrest Healthcare Center is in Hollywood, Florida, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this is a very good facility. Based on our ratings, this facility has quite a bit going for it. This facility also received impressive grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Golfcrest Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hollywood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall score, this nursing home earned even higher grades in the area of long-term care. In fact, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 82.53012 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we gave this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's government inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Golfcrest Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a grade of B+. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next area we looked at is nursing. We awarded this facility one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. This nursing home ended up being strong in each category we looked at. We looked at the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golfcrest Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.53% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golfcrest Healthcare Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 6.88 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- South Florida Dialysis1.13 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500
- Hallandale Dialysis1.3 miles away2655 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 925-9909
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Broward1.35 miles away2700 Hollywood Blvd Suite 100 Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 926-5090
- Memorial Regional Hosp - Pediatric Dialysis2.4 miles away3501 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33021Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 265-0100
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services2.42 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- Hollywood Dialysis2.53 miles away4000 Hollywood Blvd #175-S Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 962-3100
- South Broward Artificial Kidney Ctr2.94 miles away4401 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 962-2211
- Aventura Kidney Center2.94 miles away22 Sw 11th Street Hallandale Florida 33009Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 458-0887