Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa is one of seven nursing homes in Santa Rosa, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber generally indicates a few red flags. Keep in mind that Santa Rosa received a city grade of B, so should look at some other options in the city as well. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4650 Hoen Avenue,
Santa Rosa CA 95405
88.88% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility actually received an impressive short-term care rating this year. We gave it a B in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is frequently a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this facility an B-. In determining a facility's nursing score, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are with patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Looking to our final category of inspections, we gave this facility just a just D, which is a relatively poor grade. Our inspection rating is based on the facility's inspections. Since this data is compiled by independent government inspectors, we place significant weight on it in our overall grades. One of the more important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 3 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 26 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 5.64 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Bma Santa Rosa2.14 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa4.92 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.88 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.82 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.62 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor10.75 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma12.92 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.19 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293