Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa is one of seven nursing homes in Santa Rosa, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some solid marks. We wanted to point out that Santa Rosa received a city grade of B, so you may want to consider some other options in the city as well. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care grade is notably more impressive than its overall score. It received a strong grades in that area with a B+. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a solid assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The second highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. While this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this statistic. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we addressed is inspections. We gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our inspection rating is based on the facility's inspections. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This means it dodged the more ominous categories of deficiencies. We didn't find anything on this facility's inspection report to be overly alarming.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 5.64 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Bma Santa Rosa2.14 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa4.92 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.88 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.82 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.62 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor10.75 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma12.92 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.19 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293