Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa is one of seven nursing homes in Santa Rosa, California. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Keep in mind that Santa Rosa received a city grade of B-, so should consider other options in the city as well. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Santa Rosa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it received a decent short-term care rating this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our short-term care ratings are important for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is usually a favorable sign. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our nursing score is primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa?
Unfortunately, this place received a lowly F for its inspection grade. For places with bad inspection scores, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 61 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is an abysmal score. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 4.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which have suffered falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 20.08% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 6.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 4.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 4.55% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 10.67% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 10.67% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 18.96% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Livingcenter Santa Rosa, 81.68% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 5.64 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Bma Santa Rosa2.14 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa4.92 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.88 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.82 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.62 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor10.75 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma12.92 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.19 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293