Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma is a facility in Sonoma, California, which has 35,394 people. Our grading system was not favorable to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Sonoma. The city has just two other nursing homes. Even though this nursing home was awarded a single reasonable category score in short-term care, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sonoma senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable short-term care rating this year. We gave it a C in that category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is more often than not a solid measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
This nursing home really excelled in the category of nursing, where it earned a grade of D. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the quantity of hours nurses are seeing patients and the level of skill of those nurses. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma?
Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing inspections in recent years. We gave it a grade of just D for our inspections rating. One of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We would scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 11 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a rock bottom grade in this area as well. It received an F for this area, which is obviously somewhat alarming. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 1.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 1.76% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 30.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 14.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 21.6% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 100% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 5.37% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 4.96% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 4.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 17.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 81.04% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.24 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.92 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 19.13 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.6 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC8.97 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.07 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.62 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.11 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.16 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.82 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo16.02 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070