Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma is a facility in Sonoma, California, which has 35,394 people. Featuring an overall rating of C, this looks like a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this facility's profile was is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent facility is that it received a favorable inspection score. In this area, we gave this facility a B+. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent grade in the category of long-term care, with a grade of C. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to grade a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. Our short-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Livingcenter - London House Sonoma, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.24 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.92 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 19.13 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.6 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC8.97 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.07 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.62 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.11 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.16 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.82 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo16.02 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070