Golden Living Center-Sanger is an average-sized nursing home located in Sanger, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some decent scores. Based on our analysis, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this facility's profile is is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Golden Living Center-Sanger
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall score, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home received favorable nursing marks this year. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This proved to be the facility's top grade. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to point out that this nursing home was awarded impressive short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our higher grades in this category, with a B. This proved to be the facility's second highest grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Living Center-Sanger?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. This facility was given a B- for this category. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the vaccine to a relatively low 89.247314 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Living Center-Sanger Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Living Center-Sanger, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.29 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 15.29 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 17.96 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center0.26 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852
- Selma Dialysis Center9.38 miles away2711 Cinema Way #111 Selma California 93662CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 891-2750
- Fmc Fresno Airport East9.59 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis10.08 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- Bma of Central Valley Rural Dialysis10.11 miles away810 E. Manning Ave Reedley California 93654Dialysis Stations: 17 (559) 637-1676
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis10.82 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030
- Fmc Clovis11.32 miles away2585 Alluvial Ave Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 25 (559) 324-8023
- Community Dialysis Center12 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901