Golden Living Center-Brentwood turns out to be one of several nursing home options to select from in Evansville, Indiana. We gave this nursing home an overall rating of F. This place does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. Finally, inspections was the only shining light in our review of this nursing home. We provide more information on this category below.
Golden Living Center-Brentwood
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although this place's overall score was terrible, it performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This number is well below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Living Center-Brentwood?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score was short-term care, where it earned just a D in that area. This is a well below average score. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is often a fair assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. As you might expect, we discovered that this nursing home provides far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility didn't perform very well in this category either. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated just 55.921055 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Living Center-Brentwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 12.38% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 91.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Living Center-Brentwood, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Evansville, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Evansville, Indiana has 16 other nursing homes
- Deaconess Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away600 Mary St Evansville Indiana 47747Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 450-5000
- St Vincent EvansvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away3700 Washington Ave Evansville Indiana 47750Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 485-4000
- Women's Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away4199 Gateway Blvd Newburgh Indiana 47630Proprietary(812) 842-4200
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away1305 N Elm St Henderson Kentucky 42420Voluntary non-profit - Church(270) 827-7700
- St Vincent WarrickCritical Access Hospitals 17.27 miles away1116 Millis Ave Boonville Indiana 47601Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 897-4800
- Fmc - Ohio Valley Dialysis Center0.27 miles away230 Bellemeade Avenue Evansville Indiana 47713Dialysis Stations: 18 (812) 425-4111
- Lofield Dialysis LLC1.31 miles away800 N. Main St. Evansville Indiana 47711Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 423-5368
- Davita - North Evansville Dialysis3.47 miles away1151 West Buena Vista Road Evansville Indiana 47710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (812) 401-0140
- Davita - East Evansville Dialysis3.59 miles away1312 Professional Boulevard Suite 100 Evansville Indiana 47714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 491-6300
- Lofield Dialysis, LLC4.13 miles away5301 Pearl Drive Evansville Indiana 47712Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 467-0161
- Davita - Newburgh Dialysis9.41 miles away4311 Hwy 261, Suite A Newburgh Indiana 47630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (812) 853-2010
- Davita - Gardenside Dialysis9.88 miles away70 N Gardenmile Road Henderson Kentucky 42420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (270) 830-0050
- Bridgeview Dialysis13.88 miles away2480 Us Highway 41 N Suite J Henderson Kentucky 42420Dialysis Stations: 12 (270) 830-8061