Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center is a nursing home located in Greenfield, Indiana. This city has a total of 38,543 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of F. This nursing home is about as bad as it gets. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection score. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greenfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a terrible overall score, we awarded it a B for our inspections rating. This was due to the facility receiving a quality government inspection report this year. Our inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 11 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best score is short-term care, but even there it received just a D in that category. This still happens to be a well below average score. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this nursing home provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. We looked at the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is a poor score. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated just 88.23529 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have sustained UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 14.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 91.03% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 16.41 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 16.48 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 19.66 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Greenfield0.42 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast13.5 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis14.86 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Irvington14.95 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East15.22 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Davita - Indy East15.86 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Shadeland Station15.89 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Usrc Mhp, LLC17.44 miles away2460 Intelliplex Drive, Suite 120 Shelbyville Indiana 46176Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 367-6888