Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center is a nursing home located in Greenfield, Indiana. This city has a total of 38,543 people. This isn't a very good nursing home with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in Greenfield. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Greenfield. The city has just three other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall grade. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. This nursing home was hit with 11 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care grade is one of its best scores. The nursing home received a grade of B- in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing. We awarded it an impressive grade of D for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home received a poor score here as well. It received an abysmal F in this category, which is definitely a major disappointment. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 89.13043 percent of its residents. This is multiple points less than average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients which sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 91.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brickyard Healthcare – Brandywine Care Center, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Greenfield, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greenfield, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 16.41 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 16.48 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 19.66 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Greenfield0.42 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast13.5 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis14.86 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Irvington14.95 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East15.22 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Davita - Indy East15.86 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Shadeland Station15.89 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Usrc Mhp, LLC17.44 miles away2460 Intelliplex Drive, Suite 120 Shelbyville Indiana 46176Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 367-6888