Golden Hill Post Acute Care is an average-sized nursing home located in San Diego, California. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the road facility. The facilities in San Diego received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this place's report card is is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Golden Hill Post Acute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on San Diego senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
This nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an B. Few places performed better in this category. Our nursing grade is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Hill Post Acute Care?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of C. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for residents requiring more conventional assistance associated with personal care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 99.62687 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Hill Post Acute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 7.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 1.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 1.2% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 4.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 29.23% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 4.27% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 99.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 3.96% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 7.51% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 7.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 14.06% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Hill Post Acute Care, 91.7% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 1.42 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlthcr CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away250 Prospect Place Coronado California 92118Proprietary(619) 435-6251
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Davita-San Diego South Dialysis0.39 miles away995 Gateway Center Way, Suite 101 San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (619) 262-1960
- Fmc-Gateway Dialysis Center-East0.49 miles away720 Gateway Center Drive, Suite B San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 264-4100
- Fmc-Raven0.98 miles away499 Raven Street San Diego California 92102Dialysis Stations: 31 (619) 263-1518
- Davita-San Diego East2.21 miles away292 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100 San Diego California 92114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (619) 262-7225
- Ucsd Dialysis Center2.33 miles awayUcsd Dialysis Center - 200 W. Arbor Drive Dialysis Program, Mail Code 8781 San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (619) 543-5646
- Fmc-Hillcrest Dialysis3.3 miles away3960 Third Avenue San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 299-3900
- Fmc-National City Dialysis Center4.22 miles away303 W. 26th Street National City California 91950CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 474-8151
- Davita-College Dialysis4.52 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796