Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion is one of just a few nursing homes in Milford, Connecticut. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some solid scores. This facility has some things going for it. The best part of this facility's report card was its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
To go along with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far better than its overall rating. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category grades came in the category of long-term care. This turned out to be its second most favorable category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In calculating our long-term care scores, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living offered to the facility's residents. It looks like we were unable to track down some of this nursing home's data for this category. Without having access to all of the long-term care related data for this nursing home, it ended up being a challenge to grade it in terms of this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Hill Rehab Pavilion?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area was short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The last category we assessed is nursing. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. There are several subcategories included in this area. Most of these data points are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Milford Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.57 miles away300 Seaside Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 876-4000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- Norwalk HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away24 Stevens Street Norwalk Connecticut 06856Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 852-2000
- St Charles HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.79 miles away200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 474-6000
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port JeffersonAcute Care Hospitals 18.47 miles away75 North Country Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 473-1320
- Davita Milford Dialysis1 miles away470 Bridgeport Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 301-9040
- Hawley Lane - Davita3.14 miles away425 Hawley Ln Stratford Connecticut 06614Dialysis Stations: 25 (203) 375-5438
- Davita Bridgeport Dialysis5.03 miles away900 Madison Avenue Bridgeport Connecticut 06606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 51 (203) 335-0191
- Davita Shelton Dialysis5.1 miles away750 Bridgeport Avenue Shelton Connecticut 06484CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (203) 925-9520
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairfield6.63 miles away500 Kings Hwy Fairfield Connecticut 06825Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 583-8875
- u.s.renal Care Orange Dialysis6.91 miles away240 Indian River Rd, Suite D Orange Connecticut 06477CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 891-8992
- Davita Black Rock Dialysis7.54 miles away427 Stillson Rd Fairfield Connecticut 06824CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 382-9566
- New Haven Home Dialysis11.49 miles away136 Sherman Avenue Suite 206 New Haven Connecticut 06511Dialysis Stations: 7 (203) 773-0853