Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Dallas, Texas. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Dallas, which is a B-. You can certainly do worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's profile was is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's overall grade was propped up by the fact that it has earned favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a strong score in this category, with a B+. This is a notably better score than the nursing home's overall grade. Inspection scores are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive grade in our long-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in this category. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.61014 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its third highest category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this category, which is an acceptable grade. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Moving on to our last area, this facility received a respectable nursing score of C. In determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Golden Acres Living and Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC1.12 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649
- Town Gate Dialysis Center1.69 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Dallas East Dialysis2.61 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Regional Dialysis Center of Mesquite LLC2.74 miles away1650 Republic Parkway Suite 100 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (972) 613-4715
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.97 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Garland Dialysis3.64 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757
- Village Ii Dialysis Center3.9 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite4.05 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110