ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania is a small non-profit facility in Sylvania, Ohio. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the better nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires very strong marks across the board. We flat out can't say enough great things about this place. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sylvania senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Sylvania, Ohio Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a quality overall grade, this nursing home also received excellent government inspections recently. We gave it one of our best grades in that area, with an A. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing score is largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our stronger scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B-. This proved to be this facility's least impressive category. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 75.54348 percent of its patients. This is significantly below the national average. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 21.39% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.79 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Davita - Flower Dialysis0.12 miles away5308 Harroun Rd., Suite 60 Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 824-6074
- Dialysis Centers of Greater Toledo1.29 miles away7635 W. Sylvania Avenue Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 517-2002
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis3.29 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.3.41 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate3.5 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Davita - West Toledo4.4 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.41 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis4.57 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995