ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania is a small non-profit facility in Sylvania, Ohio. This is a fine nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. This nursing home truly has plenty going for it. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Sylvania, Ohio Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this place an A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B-. This is this facility's weakest area. This is still not a bad grade. Our long-term care scores are essential for residents looking for non-healthcare services such as personal care. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 90.109886 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 12 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Goerlich Memory Care Center-Sylvania, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Sylvania, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sylvania, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.79 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Davita - Flower Dialysis0.12 miles away5308 Harroun Rd., Suite 60 Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 824-6074
- Dialysis Centers of Greater Toledo1.29 miles away7635 W. Sylvania Avenue Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 517-2002
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis3.29 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.3.41 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate3.5 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Davita - West Toledo4.4 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.41 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis4.57 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995