Glisan Care Center is in Portland, Oregon, which is among the most densely populated cities in the nation. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Even in a city with 33 other nursing homes, this facility should be a perfectly acceptable option. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its remarkable nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Glisan Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main thing salvaging this nursing home's profile is its elite nursing score. We awarded this nursing home an A in that category. Our nursing grade is based on numerous datapoints. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home received favorable short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in that category, with a B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second strongest grade. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Glisan Care Center?
This nursing home also received a very favorable inspection grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care, was this facility's weakest area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that area. This really was one of the few dings of an otherwise strong report card. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.50746 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glisan Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glisan Care Center, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glisan Care Center, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glisan Care Center, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glisan Care Center, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glisan Care Center, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glisan Care Center, 5.35% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glisan Care Center, 92.77% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glisan Care Center, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glisan Care Center, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glisan Care Center, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glisan Care Center, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glisan Care Center, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Portland Dialysis Center0.64 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic0.92 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis1.21 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Foster Powell Dialysis3.03 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Fmc Maywood Park3.12 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Oregon Kidney Center3.13 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis3.57 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Northeast Portland Renal Center4.64 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322