Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab. is a large facility located in Glenwood, Illinois. We gave this facility an overall grade of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Glenwood. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab. has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Glenwood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We were not able to award this place any respectable scores. We wanted to point out that it received an F for its inspection grade. An F in this category is really troublesome because it usually points to red flags on the facility's inspections. For nursing homes with poor inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. When computing our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab.?
Long-term Care Quality
Our third area we assessed was long-term care, where this facility was given an F. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. We were a bit worried that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 35.86207 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care. It received a lowly F in this category, which is an abysmal score. In crafting these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. As you might expect, we discovered that this facility provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab. Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 13.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 0.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 0.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 7.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 8.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 47.29% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 57.6% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 10.9% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 9.71% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 9.71% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 10.85% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenwood Healthcare & Rehab., 87.21% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- St Catherine Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away4321 Fir St East Chicago Indiana 46312Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 392-7004
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Davita - Chicago Heights Dialysis2.98 miles away177 B West Joe Orr Rd Chicago Heights Illinois 60411CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 755-9000
- Fmc - Neomedica - South Holland3.3 miles away17225 S Paxton Ave South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (708) 474-8700
- Fkc - Chicago Heights3.53 miles away15 E Independence Drive Chicago Heights Illinois 60411Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-5898
- Fmc - Neomedica - Munster4.35 miles away314 Ridge Road Munster Indiana 46321Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 836-9317
- Davita - South Holland4.47 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Davita - Munster4.59 miles away9100 Calumet Ave. Munster Indiana 46321CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 836-1299
- Munster Dialysis Center4.67 miles away10120 Calumet Avenue, Suite 102 Munster Indiana 46321Dialysis Stations: 20 (219) 924-3972
- Fmc - Steger Dialysis5 miles away219 E. 34th Street Steger Illinois 60475Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-3770