Glenview Terrace is a nursing home in Glenview, Illinois, a city with a total of 52,440 people. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This place definitely has plenty going for it. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glenview senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it an B+ for that category. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenview Terrace?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. For that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 92.24806 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenview Terrace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenview Terrace, 6.6% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenview Terrace, 2.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenview Terrace, 1.35% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenview Terrace, 15.97% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenview Terrace, 15.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenview Terrace, 80.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenview Terrace, 94.72% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenview Terrace, 2.18% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenview Terrace, 3.39% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Glenview Terrace, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenview Terrace, 3.39% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenview Terrace, 11.52% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenview Terrace, 83.45% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Glen Dialysis1.41 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center1.46 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Niles2.28 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.32 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center4.77 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Des Plaines5.09 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis6.09 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis6.37 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620