Glenview Terrace is a nursing home in Glenview, Illinois, a city with a total of 52,440 people. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. This place seems to have a few things going for it. The best part of this facility's report card was is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the area of short-term care. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best grades. This salvaged its profile. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This facility also earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenview Terrace?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned an A+ nursing grade. When calculating our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category is long-term care, which is the last category we scored. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to only 88.78981 percent of its patients, which is a bit of a concern. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenview Terrace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenview Terrace, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenview Terrace, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenview Terrace, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenview Terrace, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenview Terrace, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenview Terrace, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenview Terrace, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenview Terrace, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenview Terrace, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Glenview Terrace, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenview Terrace, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenview Terrace, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenview Terrace, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glenview, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenview, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Glen Dialysis1.41 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center1.46 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Niles2.28 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.32 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center4.77 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Des Plaines5.09 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis6.09 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis6.37 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620