Landmark of Richton Park is a very-large facility in Richton Park, Illinois. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Richton Park. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Landmark of Richton Park
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Landmark of Richton Park has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This place did not receive any respectable scores. Its most concerning score may be its inspection grade, where it received an F. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection score. We suggest you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home had 9 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this facility an F. Our nursing grade weighs many factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. With just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Landmark of Richton Park?
Short-term Care Quality
Another unfortunate development was the F this nursing home was given in the category of short-term care. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the figures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.6 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a rock bottom grade in this area also. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is definitely a major concern. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 18.78698 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly lower than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Landmark of Richton Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Landmark of Richton Park, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Landmark of Richton Park, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Landmark of Richton Park, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Landmark of Richton Park, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Landmark of Richton Park, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Landmark of Richton Park, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Landmark of Richton Park, 87.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Landmark of Richton Park, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Landmark of Richton Park, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
In Landmark of Richton Park, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Landmark of Richton Park, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Landmark of Richton Park, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Landmark of Richton Park, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 14.4 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Davita - Olympia Fields Dialysis Center2.55 miles away4557 B West Lincoln Highway Matteson Illinois 60443CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 503-1112
- Fmc - South Suburban3.4 miles away2609 W Lincoln Hwy Olympia Fields Illinois 60461CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (708) 747-0050
- Dcc - Olympia Fields3.85 miles away3322 Vollmer Rd. Suite C Olympia Fields Illinois 60461Dialysis Stations: 11 (708) 964-2250
- Home Dialysis Services Olympia Fields LLC3.96 miles away3214 Vollmer Rd Olympia Fields Illinois 60461Dialysis Stations: 1 (708) 898-0564
- Davita - Flossmoor Home4.12 miles away19720 S Governors Hwy Flossmoor Illinois 60422Dialysis Stations: 4 (708) 799-7239
- Fkc - Chicago Heights4.98 miles away15 E Independence Drive Chicago Heights Illinois 60411Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-5898
- Davita - Chicago Heights Dialysis5.2 miles away177 B West Joe Orr Rd Chicago Heights Illinois 60411CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 755-9000
- Fmc - Steger Dialysis5.58 miles away219 E. 34th Street Steger Illinois 60475Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 754-3770