Glenridge on Palmer Ranch is a small non-profit nursing home located in Sarasota, Florida. This nursing home was given an overall rating of A+. Indeed, this proved to be one of the five highest rated facilities in Sarasota. You flat out can not do much better than this nursing home. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Glenridge on Palmer Ranch
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Sarasota, Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for inspections. Inspection scores are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this facility also received a strong long-term care grade, with a score of A. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.630135 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenridge on Palmer Ranch?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for its short-term care score. This topped off a first-rate report card. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenridge on Palmer Ranch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that had UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Sarasota, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sarasota, Florida has 22 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.88 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center4.31 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails5.35 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Us Renal Care Sarasota6.36 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Manasota Dialysis9.51 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center10.12 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Rtc - Venice10.51 miles away816 Pinebrook Rd Venice Florida 34285Dialysis Stations: 23 (941) 486-9057
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis10.78 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - Venice12.85 miles away1120 Indian Hills Blvd Venice Florida 34293CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 493-5969