Glenridge on Palmer Ranch is a small non-profit nursing home located in Sarasota, Florida. This nursing home was given an overall rating of A+. Indeed, this proved to be one of the three highest graded facilities in Sarasota. You flat out can not do much better than this nursing home. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Glenridge on Palmer Ranch
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for inspections. Inspection scores are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this facility also received a strong short-term care grade, with a score of A. Short-term care grades are often employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenridge on Palmer Ranch?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for its long-term care score. This topped off a first-rate report card. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.97298 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenridge on Palmer Ranch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenridge on Palmer Ranch, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Sarasota, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sarasota, Florida has 22 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.88 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center4.31 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails5.35 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Us Renal Care Sarasota6.36 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Manasota Dialysis9.51 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center10.12 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Rtc - Venice10.51 miles away816 Pinebrook Rd Venice Florida 34285Dialysis Stations: 23 (941) 486-9057
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis10.78 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - Venice12.85 miles away1120 Indian Hills Blvd Venice Florida 34293CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 493-5969