Glennwood Healthcare is in Glenpool, Oklahoma. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. Based on our analysis, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this category, which is one of our more favorable scores. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.47511 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glennwood Healthcare?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. There are several factors within this area. Most of the factors reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, we awarded this facility a grade of D for the area of short-term care. This is the facility's weakest category rating. Of course, this category hurt the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glennwood Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glennwood Healthcare, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glennwood Healthcare, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glennwood Healthcare, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have had a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glennwood Healthcare, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glennwood Healthcare, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glennwood Healthcare, 3.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glennwood Healthcare, 92.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glennwood Healthcare, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glennwood Healthcare, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Glennwood Healthcare, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glennwood Healthcare, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glennwood Healthcare, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glennwood Healthcare, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 7.45 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 8.75 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Fmcna - South Tulsa5.92 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis7.16 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Fmcna - Sapulpa Dialysis7.42 miles away1013 E Cleveland Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Dialysis Stations: 18 (918) 227-3351
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis8.48 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis8.58 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis8.79 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Davita - Southcrest9.09 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock9.18 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127