Glennwood Healthcare is in Glenpool, Oklahoma. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. Based on our analysis, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glenpool senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a B in this category, which is one of our more favorable scores. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.85496 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glennwood Healthcare?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this nursing home a score of D. There are several criteria included in this category. Many of these subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glennwood Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glennwood Healthcare, 7.52% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glennwood Healthcare, 3.05% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glennwood Healthcare, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have had a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glennwood Healthcare, 12.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glennwood Healthcare, 16.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glennwood Healthcare, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glennwood Healthcare, 98.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glennwood Healthcare, 8.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glennwood Healthcare, 13.77% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Glennwood Healthcare, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glennwood Healthcare, 13.77% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glennwood Healthcare, 8.28% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glennwood Healthcare, 76.84% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 7.45 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 8.75 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Fmcna - South Tulsa5.92 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis7.16 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Fmcna - Sapulpa Dialysis7.42 miles away1013 E Cleveland Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Dialysis Stations: 18 (918) 227-3351
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis8.48 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis8.58 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis8.79 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Davita - Southcrest9.09 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock9.18 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127