Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh is a very-large nursing home located in Waukegan, Illinois. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. Unfortunately, the city grade for Waukegan is not too much better. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to do better This nursing home's only redeeming quality was its inspection score, which we provide additional information on below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Waukegan senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a very impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This place was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh?
Long-term Care Quality
Our third area we assessed is long-term care, where this facility was given an F. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We discovered that this nursing home provided the vaccine to just 72.76923 percent of its residents, which is not a very encouraging sign. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home was given a very poor grade of F in this category. Our short-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 3.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 31.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 87.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenlake Terrace Nursing & Reh, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.77 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.01 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.9 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor2.29 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Fmc - Gurnee2.48 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis2.8 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Fkc - Lake Bluff4.12 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Beach Park Dialysis5.19 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc8.68 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Mundelein8.92 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Zion9.18 miles away1920 Sheridan Road Zion Illinois 60099Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 731-7010