Glengariff Health Care Center is a very-large nursing home located in Glen Cove, New York. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is favorable rating. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Glen Cove. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Glengariff Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility also earned top notch government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher grades in this category, with an A+. Inspection grades account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Glengariff Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our better grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.82548 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Our next category is nursing, where we gave this nursing home a C in that category. Our nursing grade weighs several components, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Finally, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glengariff Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 13.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 91.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glengariff Health Care Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 351-2000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Glengariff Dialysis Center, LLC0.34 miles away141 Dosoris Lane Glen Cove New York 11542Dialysis Stations: 6 (516) 676-1100
- Davita Port Washington Dialysis Center5 miles away50 Seaview Blvd Port Washington New York 11050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (516) 484-3460
- Nyu Langone Hospitals6.32 miles away255 Warner Avenue Roslyn Heights New York 11577Dialysis Stations: 3 (516) 626-8355
- Davita Julia and Israel Waldbaum Dialysis8.03 miles away100 Community Drive Waldbaum Dialysis Center Great Neck New York 11021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (516) 465-8250
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.8.38 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 235-6878
- Davita Crossways Park Dialysis9.16 miles away113 Crossways Park Dr Suite 102 Woodbury New York 11797Dialysis Stations: 17 (516) 921-0914
- Nyu Langone Hospitals9.91 miles away200 Old Country Road The Dialysis Center Mineola New York 11501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 663-9012
- Davita Oyster Bay Dialysis9.95 miles away17 E Old Country Road Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (516) 681-2786