Glendale Post Acute Center is a large facility in Glendale, California. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. Not surprisingly, this is ranked as one of the bottom five rated facilities in Glendale based on the data we assessed. With many other nursing homes in the city, you should be able to do better. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Glendale Post Acute Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
250 N. Verdugo Road,
Glendale CA 91206
79.7% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Glendale Post Acute Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home a poor overall grade, we gave it a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a B-. This was certainly better than its other category grades. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the number of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This facility averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is not an impressive total. Finally, while this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area was its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a B-. Short-term care grades are often used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendale Post Acute Center?
This nursing home earned mediocre government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a C in this category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area is long-term care, which is the last category we looked at. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendale Post Acute Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glendale Post Acute Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.69 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Davita-North Glendale0.28 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis1.25 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Fmc-West Glendale1.5 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.78 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis1.78 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles3.77 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset3.77 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center4.7 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010