Glendale Place Care Center is a large nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cincinnati. The best part of this facility's report card was is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Glendale Place Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall score, we gave this facility an A- for its inspection grade. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our long-term care category. This is one of our more impressive scores. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 89.583336 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendale Place Care Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. There are a number of subcategories within this category. Many of these factors reflect staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, this nursing home was given a decent short-term care grade of C. Short-term care ratings are vital for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendale Place Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glendale Place Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glendale Place Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glendale Place Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glendale Place Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glendale Place Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glendale Place Care Center, 20% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glendale Place Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glendale Place Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glendale Place Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glendale Place Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendale Place Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glendale Place Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 5.2 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 8.35 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Dci - at Drake Center3.41 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis3.92 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis4.01 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC4.03 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Davita - Forest Fair4.08 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Dci - Forest Park4.25 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Dca of Cincinnati4.52 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis5.08 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900