Glendale Place Care Center is a large nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cincinnati, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Glendale Place Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a solid grade in the area of long-term care, with a grade of B-. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 91.46342 percent of its patients. This is somewhat lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendale Place Care Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. There are quite a few subcategories within this area. Many of these subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Our final area is short-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that area. With our short-term care score, we attempt to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendale Place Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glendale Place Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glendale Place Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glendale Place Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glendale Place Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glendale Place Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glendale Place Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glendale Place Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glendale Place Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glendale Place Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glendale Place Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendale Place Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glendale Place Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 74 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 5.2 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 8.35 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Dci - at Drake Center3.41 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis3.92 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis4.01 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC4.03 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Davita - Forest Fair4.08 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Dci - Forest Park4.25 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Dca of Cincinnati4.52 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis5.08 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900