Glendale Place Care Center is a large nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires solid scores in most areas. We found this nursing home to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Cincinnati, which has a city grade of B-. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glendale Place Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cincinnati senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also earned top notch health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in this area, with an A. Inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing score. We gave it a grade of B in that category. Our nursing score includes many subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendale Place Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities third best area was long-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a slightly below average score in this area. Our long-term care grade is often used to score a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 85.15625 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility was awarded an acceptable short-term care score of B-. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendale Place Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glendale Place Care Center, 1.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glendale Place Care Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glendale Place Care Center, 3.16% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glendale Place Care Center, 18.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glendale Place Care Center, 7.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glendale Place Care Center, 28.93% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glendale Place Care Center, 85.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glendale Place Care Center, 16.92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glendale Place Care Center, 19.69% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glendale Place Care Center, 19.69% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendale Place Care Center, 4.63% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glendale Place Care Center, 79.25% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 5.2 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 8.35 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Dci - at Drake Center3.41 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis3.92 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis4.01 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC4.03 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Davita - Forest Fair4.08 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Dci - Forest Park4.25 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Dca of Cincinnati4.52 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis5.08 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900