Glendale Adventist Medical Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing Facility is one of 14 facilities in Glendale, California. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is without a doubt a first-rate facility. We also want to point out that this facility is based in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are available. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Glendale Adventist Medical Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. We were not able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this facility also was given a dominant short-term care score, with a grade of A. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Glendale Adventist Medical Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong profile, this facility also received an excellent long-term care grade, with a grade of A-. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. It doesn't look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last category, this facility also was given an excellent nursing score, with a grade of B+. This completed an elite report card. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glendale Adventist Medical Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glendale Adventist Medical Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing Facility, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glendale Adventist Medical Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing Facility, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.13 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.88 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-North Glendale0.07 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis1.34 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis1.75 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Fmc-West Glendale1.76 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.94 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles4.03 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset4.03 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-Huntington Dialysis4.67 miles away390 S. Fair Oaks Blvd. Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 564-2818