Elevate Care Chicago North is in Chicago, Illinois. This city is one of the most populated cities in the country with has a total of 2,680,484 people. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. In our grading scheme, this is one of the bottom 10 rated facilities in Chicago. Since the city has countless other nursing homes, you ought to be able to find an alternative here. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home earned a decent grade in our long-term care category. You can find additional information on this category below.
Elevate Care Chicago North
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to present an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Nursing scores are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this facility's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care Chicago North?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home an F in the category of short-term care. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is generally a reliable assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. As you might expect, we found that this place offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility didn't fare very well in this category either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated only 61.752434 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care Chicago North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 29.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 3.59 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Fmc - Rogers Park0.55 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.03 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.51 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Uptown3.78 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis3.79 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston3.83 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.87 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis4.06 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714