Elevate Care Chicago North is in Chicago, Illinois. This city is one of the most populated cities in the country with has a total of 2,680,484 people. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. In our grading scheme, this is one of the bottom 10 rated facilities in Chicago. Since the city has countless other nursing homes, you ought to be able to find an alternative here. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elevate Care Chicago North
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chicago senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a poor overall grade, we also awarded this nursing home poor grades across the board in each of the categories. In fact, it only received a D for its inspections score, which is its best area. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home had 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed large government fines recently totaling over $100,000. This usually signifies that a poor track record spanned several years.
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care Chicago North?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a a very poor score in our long-term care category. It was given a lowly F in this area. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 33.08383 percent of its residents. This is several points below the national average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last category, this nursing home didn't fare well in this area either. With a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Considering its score in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care Chicago North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 26.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 0.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 20.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 11.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 33.51% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 51.93% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 16.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 15.3% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 15.3% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 9.25% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care Chicago North, 76.66% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 79 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 3.59 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Fmc - Rogers Park0.55 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.03 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.51 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Uptown3.78 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis3.79 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston3.83 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.87 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis4.06 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714