Glenbrook is one of just three nursing homes in Carlsbad, California. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal grade. Based on our ratings, this place is just about as as good as it gets. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled at short-term care. We gave them an A+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing grades are largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenbrook?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our long-term care score. This finished off an elite report card. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenbrook, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenbrook, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenbrook, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenbrook, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenbrook, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenbrook, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenbrook, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenbrook, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenbrook, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Glenbrook, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenbrook, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenbrook, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenbrook, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 12.6 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis2.68 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center8.01 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344
- Fmc-Buena Creek8.2 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- u.s. Renal Care Oceanside Dialysis8.62 miles away2227- B El Camino Real Oceanside California 92054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 757-1838
- Davita Oceanside Dialysis9.4 miles away4182 Oceanside Blvd Oceanside California 92056Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 941-8393
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center9.4 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Fmc-La Jolla11.03 miles away4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 100 San Diego California 92130Dialysis Stations: 24 (858) 793-0058
- Fmc-Rancho11.03 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700