Glenbrook is the only nursing home we were able to find in Carlsbad, California. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal grade. Based on our ratings, this place is just about as as good as it gets. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Carlsbad senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled at short-term care. We gave them an A+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing grades are largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glenbrook?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine resume, this nursing home also was awarded a strong long-term care score, with a score of A-. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Lastly, this facility also received excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best scores in the area of inspections, with an A-. Few other facilities can boast of receiving an A- or better in every category. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glenbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glenbrook, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glenbrook, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who had a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glenbrook, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glenbrook, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glenbrook, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glenbrook, 5.83% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glenbrook, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glenbrook, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glenbrook, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
In Glenbrook, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glenbrook, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glenbrook, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glenbrook, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 12.6 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis2.68 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center8.01 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344
- Fmc-Buena Creek8.2 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- u.s. Renal Care Oceanside Dialysis8.62 miles away2227- B El Camino Real Oceanside California 92054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 757-1838
- Davita Oceanside Dialysis9.4 miles away4182 Oceanside Blvd Oceanside California 92056Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 941-8393
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center9.4 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Fmc-La Jolla11.03 miles away4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 100 San Diego California 92130Dialysis Stations: 24 (858) 793-0058
- Fmc-Rancho11.03 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700