Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center is a senior living facility in Medford, Massachusetts. This city has a population of 57,964 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Medford. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
120 Murray Street,
Medford MA 02155
83.9% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received a much better grade for nursing than it received overall. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. The nursing category consists of quite a few subcategories, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this facility a grade of B in our long-term care category. This is one of our higher grades. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 65.9436 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center?
This facility earned a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is short-term care, ended up being this facility's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. This was one of the few dings in a strong profile. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is considered to be a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. In this facility's case, we found that it provided less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 1.93% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 91.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center1.24 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)2.08 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Dci Ball Square2.46 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis4.47 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Davita Woburn Dialysis4.57 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.61 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Massachusetts General Hospital4.71 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Fruit St, Bigelow 10 Boston Massachusetts 02114Dialysis Stations: 11 (617) 726-3700
- Fmc Services of Stoneham5.01 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454