Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center is a senior living facility in Medford, Massachusetts. This city has a population of 57,964 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's nursing grade exceeded its overall rating. This facility earned a B+ in this category, which is one of our better grades. There are quite a few factors included in this category. Most of these subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this area, which is one of our more favorable scores. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 72.31121 percent of its patients. This is a bit less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a solid grade in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our short-term care ratings are likely most critical for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Lastly, we also found that this facility has received favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a score of B- in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to several data points located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which sustained a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 1.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 91.63% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Ridge Nursing Care Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center1.24 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)2.08 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Dci Ball Square2.46 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis4.47 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Davita Woburn Dialysis4.57 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.61 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Massachusetts General Hospital4.71 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Fruit St, Bigelow 10 Boston Massachusetts 02114Dialysis Stations: 11 (617) 726-3700
- Fmc Services of Stoneham5.01 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454