With an address in Louisville, Kentucky, Glen Ridge Health Campus is just one of 41 options here. We awarded this facility a strong overall rating of A. Indeed, we ranked it as the fifth best nursing home in Louisville. You simply can not do any better than this place. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary report card is its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Glen Ridge Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, this proved to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its strong assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Ridge Health Campus?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing score weighs several subcategories, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Finally, this facility also earned excellent inspection reports in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that area, with an A-. Few other nursing homes received an A- or better in every category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Ridge Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which have experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 8.14% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 89.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 8.21 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 14.95 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Jewish Hospital - ShelbyvilleAcute Care Hospitals 17.55 miles away727 Hospital Drive Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 647-4300
- Fmc - East Louisville2.1 miles away6455 Bardstown Road Louisville Kentucky 40291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 239-8221
- Davita - Meadows East4.35 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC6.7 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Fmc-South Central Louisville7.26 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies7.26 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban7.28 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- University Kidney Center - Broadway8 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis8 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791