Glen Ridge Health Campus is one of a multitude of available nursing homes to select from in Louisville, Kentucky. We awarded this facility a strong overall rating of A. Indeed, this proved to be the sixth best facility in Louisville according to our rankings. You really can not do much better than this facility. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary report card is its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glen Ridge Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Louisville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. In crafting our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing scores are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Ridge Health Campus?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive rating. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Wrapping up this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. With this score, the nursing home completes its straight A report card. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Ridge Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 6.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 2.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 10.71% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 25.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 4.17% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 97.5% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 16.22% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 14.4% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 14.4% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 8.16% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Ridge Health Campus, 74.91% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 8.21 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 14.95 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Jewish Hospital - ShelbyvilleAcute Care Hospitals 17.55 miles away727 Hospital Drive Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 647-4300
- Fmc - East Louisville2.1 miles away6455 Bardstown Road Louisville Kentucky 40291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 239-8221
- Davita - Meadows East4.35 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC6.7 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Fmc-South Central Louisville7.26 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies7.26 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban7.28 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- University Kidney Center - Broadway8 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis8 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791