Elevate Care Northbrook is a nursing home in Northbrook, Illinois. The city has 39,936 people. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Northbrook. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Elevate Care Northbrook
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
270 Skokie Highway,
Northbrook IL 60062
71.74% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Elevate Care Northbrook has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't perform terribly in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of C in that area, which ended up being among its more favorable scores. Short-term care grades are generally used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The important question is whether this also impacted quality of care. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care Northbrook?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 54.62611 percent of its residents. This is many points lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care Northbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care Northbrook, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Northbrook, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Northbrook, Illinois has 4 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center2.05 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Highland2.76 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Glen Dialysis3.65 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center6.35 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis6.4 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Niles7.03 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston7.08 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center8.92 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047