Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center is one of five facilities in Clearwater, Florida. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a lower end facility. This is one of the three worst facilities in Clearwater. With plenty of other nursing homes in the city, you should be able to do better. This facility's only redeeming quality is its inspection grade, which you can find additional information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Clearwater senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Clearwater, Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it an A for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care rating and that actually turned out to be its second most respectable score. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a fair assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we found that this facility provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. The nursing category is based on several factors, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care, proved to be this facility's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that area. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.89474 percent of its patients, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents which had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.67% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.55% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.35% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 96.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.87% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.87% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.75% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.18% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.33 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC0.88 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater1.19 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc4.42 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.61 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin4.86 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater5.11 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123