Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center is one of 14 facilities in Clearwater, Florida. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. We were pleased to find out that this was in line with the other facilities in Clearwater, which is one of the better cities in Florida to find a nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Best Nursing Home in Clearwater, Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for that area, which is one of our best scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a solid grade in this category, with a B-. While this wasn't as high as some of this facility's other scores, it is still a middle of the pack score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.47644 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which experienced falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.33 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC0.88 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater1.19 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc4.42 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.61 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin4.86 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater5.11 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123