Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center is one of 14 facilities in Clearwater, Florida. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a great option. The facilities in Clearwater received high scores across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Florida to find a nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this place also excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing scores are primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more meaningful for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this area. Long-term care grades are often used to grade a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average total. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents which suffered falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.33 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center0.86 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC0.88 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater1.19 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc4.42 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.61 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin4.86 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater5.11 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123