Glen Meadows is a nursing home located in Hamilton, Ohio. This city has a total of 134,328 people. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Hamilton, which is a B-. This nursing home seems to have some things going for it. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3472 Hamilton Mason Road,
Hamilton OH 45011
88.23% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a B in our long-term care category. This is one of our higher grades. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.62963 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Meadows?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next best score is short-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively poorly. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
The last area we analyzed is nursing. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a very poor score. This is obviously a major concern. There are a variety of subcategories within this category. Most of these data points are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Meadows, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Meadows, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Meadows, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Meadows, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Meadows, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Meadows, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Meadows, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Meadows, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Meadows, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Glen Meadows, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Meadows, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Meadows, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Hamilton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Hamilton, Ohio has 11 other nursing homes
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 9.84 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.59 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.56 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 16.46 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis2.89 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Fmc - Butler County LLC2.89 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Fmc - Butler County LLC3.37 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis4.1 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Davita - Ross Dialysis4.52 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC5.65 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415
- Davita - Forest Fair6.08 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Dci - Forest Park6.11 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200