Glen Hill Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is an average-sized facility in Danbury, Connecticut. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the highest grades that we offer. A grade in this range requires excellent scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities nationally. Keep reading to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Glen Hill Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Glen Hill Rehabilitation & Nursing Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Connecticut Awards 2019
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home performed well in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared as well in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. We weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A- for our long-term care rating. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. This facility clearly performed favorably enough in these measures to earn an encouraging score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Hill Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for its short-term care score. This is a very strong grade. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In the last area, we gave this nursing home a A+ for our nursing score. This topped off an elite profile. In determining a facility's nursing score, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Connecticut in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Danbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away24 Hospital Ave Danbury Connecticut 06810Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 739-7000
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Danbury Dialysis Center0.72 miles away111 Osborne Street Suite 211 Danbury Connecticut 06810CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (203) 794-1938
- Housatonic Dialysis4.02 miles away164 Mount Pleasant Rd Newtown Connecticut 06470Dialysis Stations: 10 (203) 270-0081
- Davita Celia Dill Dialysis Center11.25 miles away667 Stoneleigh Avenue Suite 123 Carmel New York 10512CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (845) 278-4150
- Davita Black Rock Dialysis19 miles away427 Stillson Rd Fairfield Connecticut 06824CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 382-9566
- Davita Shelton Dialysis19.14 miles away750 Bridgeport Avenue Shelton Connecticut 06484CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (203) 925-9520
- Davita Bridgeport Dialysis19.64 miles away900 Madison Avenue Bridgeport Connecticut 06606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 51 (203) 335-0191
- Hawley Lane - Davita19.67 miles away425 Hawley Ln Stratford Connecticut 06614Dialysis Stations: 25 (203) 375-5438