With an address in Glen Burnie, Maryland, Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center is one of just three facilities in this area. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is a decent facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Glen Burnie. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7355 Furnace Branch Road East,
Glen Burnie MD 21060
84.1% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. If it was not for this category, this nursing home's overall grade would have been much worse. Short-term care grades are generally used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to the category of nursing, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- in that area. Nursing scores are primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be one of its best features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We did not consider anything on this facility's inspection reports to be overly concerning.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave this facility a D in the area of long-term care, leaving this as the nursing home's weakest grade. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated just 83.48416 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that had a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 92.14% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Umd Baltimore Washington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away301 Hospital Drive Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 595-1967
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 9.1 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Idf - Arundel Center2.43 miles away804 Landmark Drive Ste 112 Glen Burnie Maryland 21061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (410) 768-5722
- Glen Burnie Dialysis2.47 miles away6934 Aviation Blvd Ste K Glen Burnie Maryland 21061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 553-6951
- Glen Burnie Home Training2.47 miles away6934 Aviation Blvd Suite H Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 760-4976
- Davita Pasadena Dialysis4.58 miles away8037 Governor Ritchie Hwy. Suite A Pasadena Maryland 21122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 590-4615
- Davita - Harbor Park Dialysis5.8 miles away111 Cherry Hill Rd Brooklyn Maryland 21225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 354-3037
- Davita - Catonsville7.12 miles away1581 Sulphur Spring Rd Ste 112 Halethorpe Maryland 21227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 242-7766
- Concerto Maryland, LLC7.17 miles away1531 S Edgewood St Suite 302 Halethorpe Maryland 21227Dialysis Stations: 2 (443) 364-4362
- Fresenius Kidney Care Merritt Blvd of Dundalk7.34 miles away1732 Merritt Blvd Dundalk Maryland 21222Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 284-2751