Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C is a nursing home in Hollywood, Florida which has a total of 420,284 people. This turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate scores across the board. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you'll find. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this nursing home was awarded a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in that area. In forming our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In our final category, this facility also received a first-rate nursing rating, with an A. This finished off a straight A report card. There are numerous subcategories included in this category. Most of these subcategories reflect staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Glades West Rehabilitation and Nursing C, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Hollywood, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hollywood, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hospital MiramarAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away1901 Sw 172nd Ave Hollywood Florida 33029Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 538-4810
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 7.28 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Miramar Kidney Center1.58 miles away2501 Dykes Rd Suite 200 Hollywood Florida 33027Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 431-6939
- Aquanova, Inc.3.32 miles away18004 Nw 6th Street #104 Hollywood Florida 33029Dialysis Stations: 1 (954) 885-1024
- Kidney Doctor's Dialysis Center3.64 miles away12145 Pembroke Rd Hollywood Florida 33025Dialysis Stations: 24 (954) 743-5804
- South Florida Dialysis Center Corp3.95 miles away8057 Northwest 155 Street Hialeah Florida 33016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 698-2200
- Lakes Dialysis Center3.95 miles away7980 Nw 155 St 2nd Floor Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 817-8508
- Pembroke Pines Dialysis4.93 miles away10970 Pines Blvd. Hollywood Florida 33026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 435-6145
- Nulife Dialysis Inc.4.94 miles away4805 Nw 183rd Street Opa Locka Florida 33055Dialysis Stations: 13 (305) 952-4925
- Renovation of Life Dialysis Center4.99 miles away14505 Commerce Way #600 Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 362-8399