Gillette Nursing Home is an average-sized nursing home located in Warren, Ohio. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Warren, which is a B-. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Gillette Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher grades in that category, with an A. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had favorable view of this nursing home's recent inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category scores was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 89.27203 percent of its residents. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Gillette Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a solid grade of C. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The important question is whether this also affected quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
The last area we scored is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. This is obviously a major disappointment. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gillette Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gillette Nursing Home, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gillette Nursing Home, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gillette Nursing Home, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who had UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gillette Nursing Home, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gillette Nursing Home, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gillette Nursing Home, 20% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gillette Nursing Home, 90.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gillette Nursing Home, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gillette Nursing Home, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Gillette Nursing Home, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gillette Nursing Home, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gillette Nursing Home, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gillette Nursing Home, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Warren, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warren, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 14.99 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Warren Dialysis Center3.17 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Champion Dialysis Center3.41 miles away4554 Mahoning Ave Nw Warren Ohio 44483CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 847-0189
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Warren4.71 miles away4941 Enterprise Blvd. Nw Warren Ohio 44481Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 898-0801
- Fmc - Warren5.46 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis9.7 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fmc- Austintown11.72 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Youngstown12.03 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg14.57 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341