Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit is located in Travelers Rest, South Carolina. The city has a total of 20,914 people. This facility is ranked among the highest-graded nursing homes we found. Receiving an A+ in our grading scheme requires superb scores across the board. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. As you can see below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Travelers Rest senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - State
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2020
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. We weren't able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive several A+ category grades. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is more often than not a useful measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 7.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, this facility received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our nursing rating. This wrapped up a very favorable report card. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit, 12.8 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ghs Greenville Memorial Subacute Unit, 73.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.34 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Dsi Travelers Rest Dialysis0.96 miles away36 S Main St Travelers Rest South Carolina 29690Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 660-2050
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center8.31 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC9.82 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Upstate Dialysis Center10.4 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Greer South Dialysis11.19 miles away3254 Brushy Creek Road Greer South Carolina 29650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 801-2065
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center11.36 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Greer Kidney Center Inc11.39 miles away14152 East Wade Hampton Blvd Greer South Carolina 29651Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 877-4432
- Dsi Greenville, LLC11.43 miles away121 Commerce Blvd Easley South Carolina 29642Dialysis Stations: 4 (864) 859-7902