With an address in Decatur, Georgia, Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc is one of six available facilities in the area. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This facility received one of the most impressive grades that we offer. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. Not surprisingly, this proved to be the best nursing home in the city. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good. It would be hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - State
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Decatur, Georgia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Decatur, Georgia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Decatur, Georgia Awards 2021
One of the many reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it received an impressive grade in inspections. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very strong long-term care grade. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's second strongest category score. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we gave this facility a grade of A for its short-term care score. This completed a very favorable profile. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 5.28% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Georgia Regional Atlanta Ltc, 93.36% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Scores for Decatur, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Decatur, Georgia has 5 other nursing homes
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 7.38 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory Dialysis LLC1.02 miles away2726 Candler Road Decatur Georgia 30034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (404) 778-1025
- Decatur Dialysis Center2.73 miles away1987 Candler Rd Decatur Georgia 30032CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 286-1700
- Mcafee Dialysis2.73 miles away1987 Candler Rd Suite C Decatur Georgia 30032CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 284-8596
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.79 miles away2540 Flat Shoals Road Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 991-6479
- East Dekalb Dialysis3.13 miles away2853 Candler Road, Suite 203 Decatur Georgia 30034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 241-0402
- Eastlake Dialysis3.25 miles away1757 Candler Road Se Decatur Georgia 30032CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 289-2313
- Ellenwood Dialysis Center4.48 miles away209 Bennette Blvd Ellenwood Georgia 30294Dialysis Stations: 16 (678) 289-0963
- Odiorne Dialysis4.52 miles away2460 Wesley Chapel Rd, Ste 25d Decatur Georgia 30035Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 987-1439