Located in Eatontown, New Jersey, Shore Pointe Care Center is the only facility we were able to find in this area. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. Based on our assessment, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. The best part of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Shore Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Eatontown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we awarded this nursing home a score of A- in that category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 91.212654 percent of its residents. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Shore Pointe Care Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. There are many criteria within this grade. Many of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below average. Finally, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this facility did not fare very well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this was this nursing home's weakest grade. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. It looks like this nursing home was subpar in two of the key staffing metrics we assessed. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shore Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 4.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 3.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 0.19% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 8.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 17.95% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 0.75% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 94.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 21.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 16% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 16% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 22.05% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 55.45% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 17.37 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Davita Atlantic Akc1.33 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc3.8 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank4.19 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Dialyze Direct4.39 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Shining Star Davita Neptune Dc5.7 miles away2180 Bradley Avenue Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 775-2725
- Fmc Neptune6 miles away2441 State Hwy 33 at Fortunato Place Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (732) 643-9260
- Davita Shore Dialysis6.12 miles away300 West Sylvania Avenue Suite 1 Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 988-3684
- Wall Township Home Training7.2 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780