Located in Eatontown, New Jersey, Shore Pointe Care Center is one of only two available facilities in the city. It looks like this nursing home is among the better nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Shore Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf profile, this facility also was given a strong long-term care grade, with a score of A. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 94.03292 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Shore Pointe Care Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are numerous criteria within this area. Most of the datapoints reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is short-term care, which turned out to be a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a D for short-term care, making this its weakest category grade. We'd still suggest that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. In forming these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shore Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shore Pointe Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 17.37 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Davita Atlantic Akc1.33 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc3.8 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank4.19 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Dialyze Direct4.39 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Shining Star Davita Neptune Dc5.7 miles away2180 Bradley Avenue Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 775-2725
- Fmc Neptune6 miles away2441 State Hwy 33 at Fortunato Place Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (732) 643-9260
- Davita Shore Dialysis6.12 miles away300 West Sylvania Avenue Suite 1 Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 988-3684
- Wall Township Home Training7.2 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780