Gardens on Quail is a small nursing home in Arvada, Colorado. With an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive facility. Based on our analysis, this place is just about as as good as it gets. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in all of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Gardens on Quail
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6447 Quail Street,
Arvada CO 80004
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home earned an excellent inspection report. Consequently, we gave it one of our best grades in this category with an A-. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very impressive short-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A-. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gardens on Quail?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing category assesses a handful of factors, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home was awarded an extremely favorable long-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that area, wrapping up one of our more impressive report cards. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 67.391304 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat below what we expected but still a decent figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gardens on Quail Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gardens on Quail, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gardens on Quail, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have experienced falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gardens on Quail, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gardens on Quail, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gardens on Quail, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gardens on Quail, 3.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gardens on Quail, 85.7% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gardens on Quail, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gardens on Quail, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gardens on Quail, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gardens on Quail, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gardens on Quail, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)2.05 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)2.82 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)4.09 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Mile High Pd (Dva)5.5 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)5.5 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.91 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)6.64 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)7.53 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020