Gardens on Quail is a small nursing home in Arvada, Colorado. With an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive facility. Based on our analysis, this place is just about as as good as it gets. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in all of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Gardens on Quail
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6447 Quail Street,
Arvada CO 80004
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arvada, Colorado Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Arvada, Colorado Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is generally a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Gardens on Quail?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this facility was awarded a highly favorable long-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that area, topping off one of our better report cards. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 67.391304 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we expected but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gardens on Quail Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gardens on Quail, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gardens on Quail, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gardens on Quail, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gardens on Quail, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gardens on Quail, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gardens on Quail, 3.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gardens on Quail, 84.99% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gardens on Quail, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gardens on Quail, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gardens on Quail, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gardens on Quail, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gardens on Quail, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)2.05 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)2.82 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)4.09 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Mile High Pd (Dva)5.5 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)5.5 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.91 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)6.64 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)7.53 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020