Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation is in Baldwin Park, California. This turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. This facility has a few things going for it. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall score. Inspection grades are associated with a nursing home's recent health inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B+ in this area. Our inspection scores are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing rating is primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
The third best category we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was short-term care. We gave this facility a C in this area. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have experienced a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Baldwin Park, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baldwin Park, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Queens Dialysis Unit, Inc.0.94 miles away1135 S. Sunset Avenue, Suite 103 West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 337-4245
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center1.15 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center1.2 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Advanced Dialysis Center1.26 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- La Puente Dialysis Center, Inc.1.94 miles away14557 Temple Avenue La Puente California 91744CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 917-1719
- Fmc-Irwindale2.98 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Industry3.35 miles away15757 E. Valley Blvd. La Puente California 91744CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 333-3801
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Baldwin Park3.43 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit 1813 N Hacienda Blvd. La Puente California 91744Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 931-3580