Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation is in Baldwin Park, California. This turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. This facility has a few things going for it. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall score. Inspection grades are associated with a nursing home's recent health inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B+ in this area. Our inspection scores are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing rating is primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
The third best category we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B-. In our long-term care rating, we focus more on the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, along with a series of quality measures. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Post- Acute Rehabilitation, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Baldwin Park, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baldwin Park, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Queens Dialysis Unit, Inc.0.94 miles away1135 S. Sunset Avenue, Suite 103 West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 337-4245
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center1.15 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center1.2 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Advanced Dialysis Center1.26 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- La Puente Dialysis Center, Inc.1.94 miles away14557 Temple Avenue La Puente California 91744CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 917-1719
- Fmc-Irwindale2.98 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Industry3.35 miles away15757 E. Valley Blvd. La Puente California 91744CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 333-3801
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Baldwin Park3.43 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit 1813 N Hacienda Blvd. La Puente California 91744Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 931-3580