Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield is a nursing home in Chesterfield, Missouri, a city with a population of 59,223 people. We gave this facility a superb overall score of A-. In fact, this is one of the five highest rated nursing homes in the city. Based on our assessment, this facility is simply as good as it gets. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section
Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1025 Chesterfield Pointe Parkway,
Chesterfield MO 63017
45.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a quality overall score, this facility also received excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that area, with a grade of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield?
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end profile, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. It doesn't look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, in which this facility received a B-. This is this facility's weakest area. This is still not a major area of concern. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the highly skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 4.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 88.53% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center3.99 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.08 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Ellisville Dialysis Center4.68 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.42 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC6.28 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.37 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis7.51 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis8.47 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311