Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield is a nursing home in Chesterfield, Missouri, a city with a population of 59,223 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+, which is a very respectable grade. Indeed, it turned out to be ranked among the top five nursing homes in the city. Based on our analysis, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality facility is that it earned a very impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave it an A. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing grade. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. This facility was awarded an above average short-term care grade, with a B+ in the category. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored ended up being this facility's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of C in long-term care. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients who experienced falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 4.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 88.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden View Care Center of Chesterfield, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center3.99 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.08 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Ellisville Dialysis Center4.68 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.42 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC6.28 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.37 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis7.51 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis8.47 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311