Garden Terrace at Fort Worth is located in Fort Worth, Texas, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. With an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most prospective residents. In fact, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rate it ahead of most of the nursing homes in Fort Worth. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Garden Terrace at Fort Worth
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Worth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall rating, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. We gave it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden Terrace at Fort Worth?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It outpaced most nursing homes in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this facility was given an extremely favorable short-term care rating. This nursing home did not turn out to have any weak spots. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is often a reliable assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden Terrace at Fort Worth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 6.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 10.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 2.33% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 8.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 11.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 2.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 96.08% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 8.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 14.76% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 14.76% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 14.12% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden Terrace at Fort Worth, 90.06% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 35 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 7 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway0.33 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Hulen Dialysis1.28 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin1.3 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.77 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth3.58 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.8 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC5.04 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth5.64 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822