Majestic Care of Middletown is a senior living facility located in Middletown, Ohio. The city has a population of 79,273 people. This facility was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Middletown. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Majestic Care of Middletown
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Middletown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We just could not find anything positive to say about this place. It received just a D in our short-term care rating. Tragically, this turned out to be its best grade. Short-term care scores are meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. With a score in this range for this area, we were not shocked to discover that this facility was below average in several staffing areas we assess. The nursing home supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
This place's second best category was inspections, but even there it earned a D. This is still a very poor grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This typically signifies that a poor performance spanned multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care of Middletown?
Long-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its long-term care grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 79.85481 percent of its residents. This is several points lower than what we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
The final category we looked at was nursing. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is a rock bottom grade. The nursing rating weighs a variety of subcategories. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care of Middletown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 5.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 0.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 19.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 28.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 61.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 68.09% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 9.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 2.68% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 2.68% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 15.95% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 89.03% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 13.31 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.58 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis3.63 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Atrium4.11 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis4.79 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Dci - Westchester8.11 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis8.16 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Fmc - Butler County LLC9.05 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis9.1 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC9.62 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415