Majestic Care of Middletown is a senior living facility located in Middletown, Ohio. The city has a population of 79,273 people. This facility was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. This nursing home didn't have much going for it. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this place earned a decent grade in the area of long-term care. You can find more information on this category below.
Majestic Care of Middletown
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. This place had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this nursing home was awarded a grade of just D in this area. Sadly, this proved to be its second best grade. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a score in this range for this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this place was well below average in multiple staffing metrics we assess. It offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care of Middletown?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility just a D for our long-term care grade. This is not one of our better scores. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 92.10978 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
This nursing home's weakest category was nursing, which is the last category we scored. For this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. There are several factors within this area. Many of the factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care of Middletown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that sustained falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care of Middletown, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Middletown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Middletown, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 13.31 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.58 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis3.63 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Atrium4.11 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis4.79 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Dci - Westchester8.11 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis8.16 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Fmc - Butler County LLC9.05 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis9.1 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC9.62 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415