Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Bossier City, Louisiana. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Bossier City. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we awarded them a B+ in that category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. In calculating these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing score. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care. We awarded this facility a D in our long-term care category, rendering this the facility's weakest category. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on vaccination rates. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center, 89.03% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center, 63.81% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bossier City, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bossier City, Louisiana has 6 other nursing homes
- Brentwood HospitalPsychiatric 5.53 miles away1006 Highland Avenue Shreveport Louisiana 71106Proprietary(318) 678-7500
- Ochsner Lsu Health ShreveportAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away1541 Kings Highway Shreveport Louisiana 71103Voluntary non-profit - Private(318) 675-5000
- Willis Knighton Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away2600 Greenwood Road Shreveport Louisiana 71103Voluntary non-profit - Private(318) 212-4000
- Christus Health Shreveport - BossierAcute Care Hospitals 10.56 miles away1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Drive Shreveport Louisiana 71105Voluntary non-profit - Private(318) 681-5000
- Fmcna - North Bossier2.57 miles away4251 Viking Drive Bossier City Louisiana 71111Dialysis Stations: 21 (318) 746-4818
- Fmcna - Bossier Regional Dx Ctr2.7 miles away2907 Plantation Dr Bossier City Louisiana 71111Dialysis Stations: 20 (318) 746-8440
- Dci - North Shreveport4.12 miles away1515 N Hearne Ave Shreveport Louisiana 71107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (318) 220-7012
- Fmcna - North Shreveport Dialysis5.11 miles away990 Aero Dr Shreveport Louisiana 71107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (318) 425-7371
- Willis Knighton Med Ctr-Dialysis5.63 miles away1111 Line Avenue Shreveport Louisiana 71101Dialysis Stations: 13 (318) 716-4555
- Fmcna - South Bossier5.86 miles away3087 Stafford St Bossier City Louisiana 71112Dialysis Stations: 12 (318) 741-5167
- Fmcna - Dialysis Ctr of Shreveport7.03 miles away3949 Southern Ave Shreveport Louisiana 71106Dialysis Stations: 28 (318) 869-3016
- Fmcna - Shreveport Regional7.11 miles away1130 Kings Hwy Shreveport Louisiana 71104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (318) 670-5387