Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Bossier City, Louisiana. It looks like this is a very respectable facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable grade. This ended up being one of the top three nursing homes in Bossier City. Fortunately, this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bossier City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is that it received an impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In this area, we gave this facility an A-. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade considers a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Louisiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this facility also received a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Our short-term care grade is often used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a C. With our long-term care grade, we look at the quantity of services provided by a facility, along with a few quality metrics. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center, 20.03% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center, 72.43% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bossier City, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bossier City, Louisiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Brentwood HospitalPsychiatric 5.53 miles away1006 Highland Avenue Shreveport Louisiana 71106Proprietary(318) 678-7500
- Ochsner Lsu Health ShreveportAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away1541 Kings Highway Shreveport Louisiana 71103Voluntary non-profit - Private(318) 675-5000
- Willis Knighton Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away2600 Greenwood Road Shreveport Louisiana 71103Voluntary non-profit - Private(318) 212-4000
- Christus Health Shreveport - BossierAcute Care Hospitals 10.56 miles away1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Drive Shreveport Louisiana 71105Voluntary non-profit - Private(318) 681-5000
- Fmcna - North Bossier2.57 miles away4251 Viking Drive Bossier City Louisiana 71111Dialysis Stations: 21 (318) 746-4818
- Fmcna - Bossier Regional Dx Ctr2.7 miles away2907 Plantation Dr Bossier City Louisiana 71111Dialysis Stations: 20 (318) 746-8440
- Dci - North Shreveport4.12 miles away1515 N Hearne Ave Shreveport Louisiana 71107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (318) 220-7012
- Fmcna - North Shreveport Dialysis5.11 miles away990 Aero Dr Shreveport Louisiana 71107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (318) 425-7371
- Willis Knighton Med Ctr-Dialysis5.63 miles away1111 Line Avenue Shreveport Louisiana 71101Dialysis Stations: 13 (318) 716-4555
- Fmcna - South Bossier5.86 miles away3087 Stafford St Bossier City Louisiana 71112Dialysis Stations: 12 (318) 741-5167
- Fmcna - Dialysis Ctr of Shreveport7.03 miles away3949 Southern Ave Shreveport Louisiana 71106Dialysis Stations: 28 (318) 869-3016
- Fmcna - Shreveport Regional7.11 miles away1130 Kings Hwy Shreveport Louisiana 71104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (318) 670-5387