Galtier a Villa Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Saint Paul, Minnesota which has a population of 753,116 people. We gave this nursing home a B overall, which is a quality grade. We were also impressed that Saint Paul received a B+ city grade, making this a great place to find a nursing home. Even in a city offering 31 nursing homes, this facility looks like a quality choice. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Galtier a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Our nursing score weighs a handful of subcategories, but the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's recent inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Galtier a Villa Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a useful assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 3.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care. This facility was given a grade of C for this area. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 89.803925 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Galtier a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Galtier a Villa Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Galtier a Villa Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that had falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Galtier a Villa Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Galtier a Villa Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Galtier a Villa Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Galtier a Villa Center, 4.58% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Galtier a Villa Center, 93.31% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Galtier a Villa Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Galtier a Villa Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Galtier a Villa Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Galtier a Villa Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Galtier a Villa Center, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.72 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 7.41 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita0.41 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita0.41 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit0.41 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Davita Phalen Dialysis2.24 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul2.96 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita2.97 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis3.1 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260
- Fmc Dialysis - Roseville3.36 miles away2045 Rice St Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 489-3312