Future Care Northpoint turns out to be just one of 27 facilities located in Baltimore, Maryland. The city has quite a few more choices than most other areas in the nation. This is a decent facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Baltimore. Based on our ratings, there are definitely far worse places out there. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Future Care Northpoint
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility an A- in short-term care. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Inspections is another category where this facility excelled. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Northpoint?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a rock bottom score. This is certainly a major concern. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Northpoint Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Northpoint, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Northpoint, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Northpoint, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Northpoint, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Northpoint, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Northpoint, 10.18% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Northpoint, 92.14% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Northpoint, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Northpoint, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Future Care Northpoint, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Northpoint, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Northpoint, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Northpoint, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Baltimore, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baltimore, Maryland has 26 other nursing homes
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away9000 Franklin Square Drive Rosedale Maryland 21237Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 777-7850
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 4.59 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Northpoint Dialysis, LLC0.05 miles away1046 Old Northpoint Rd Baltimore Maryland 21224Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 282-0100
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Dundalk0.17 miles away1107 N Point Boulevard Suite 201 Baltimore Maryland 21224Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 288-2010
- Davita Dundalk Dialysis2.36 miles away14 Commerce St Dundalk Maryland 21222Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 284-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Merritt Blvd of Dundalk2.79 miles away1732 Merritt Blvd Dundalk Maryland 21222Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 284-2751
- Fresenius Kidney Care Fleet Street3.06 miles away3700 Fleet Street Ste 102 Baltimore Maryland 21224Dialysis Stations: 28 (410) 276-1680
- Fresenius Medical Care Essex Dundalk, LLC3.61 miles away110 Stemmers Run Rd Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 238-7393
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Manor Care3.97 miles away6600 Ridge Rd Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 780-7355
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wolfe Street Pediatrics4.39 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Dialysis Stations: 4 (410) 675-3020