Future Care Courtland is a senior living facility in Pikesville, Maryland, a city with a total of 33,917 people. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the most impressive ratings we offer. A score in this range requires superb scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. As you will see below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Future Care Courtland
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pikesville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grades are arguably most important for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Courtland?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home topped off a very strong report card. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.20225 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Courtland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Courtland, 12.75% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Courtland, 1.12% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Courtland, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Courtland, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Courtland, 7.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Courtland, 10.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Courtland, 99.1% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Courtland, 19.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Courtland, 33.55% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Future Care Courtland, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Courtland, 33.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Courtland, 6.32% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Courtland, 61.16% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Northwest Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away5401 Old Court Road Randallstown Maryland 21133Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 521-2200
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Courtland Dialysis, LLC0.14 miles away7920 Scotts Level Road Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 9 (410) 922-5129
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Pikesville1.5 miles away115 Mchenry Ave Bedford Square 2 Suite D Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 13 (410) 484-3127
- Davita - Windsor Dialysis2.26 miles away2707 Rolling Rd Stes 104-105 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 944-2649
- Pikesville Dialysis2.55 miles away6609 Reisterstown Road Ste 100 Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 358-1745
- Fresenius Medical Care Randallstown LLC2.58 miles away9109 Liberty Rd Randallstown Maryland 21133Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 655-1076
- Baltimore County Dialysis Facility2.67 miles away3689 a Offutt Road Randallstown Maryland 21133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (410) 922-2475
- Greenspring Dialysis Center2.69 miles away4701 Mt Hope Dr Ste C Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 585-0467
- Seton Drive Dialysis2.72 miles away4800 Seton Drive Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 585-0446