Future Care Courtland is a senior living facility in Pikesville, Maryland, a city with a total of 33,917 people. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the most impressive ratings we offer. A score in this range requires superb scores across the board. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city, which has a good selection of facilities. As you will find below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category scores. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Future Care Courtland
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. In forming our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Courtland?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.3135 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next category we analyzed was nursing, in which this nursing home was given a B. Even though this proved to be its weakest category grade, this is still a quality score. The nursing rating weighs several factors, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Courtland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Courtland, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Courtland, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Courtland, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Courtland, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Courtland, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Courtland, 10.18% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Courtland, 92.14% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Courtland, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Courtland, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Future Care Courtland, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Courtland, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Courtland, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Courtland, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Pikesville, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pikesville, Maryland has 3 other nursing homes
- Northwest Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away5401 Old Court Road Randallstown Maryland 21133Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 521-2200
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Courtland Dialysis, LLC0.14 miles away7920 Scotts Level Road Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 9 (410) 922-5129
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Pikesville1.5 miles away115 Mchenry Ave Bedford Square 2 Suite D Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 13 (410) 484-3127
- Davita - Windsor Dialysis2.26 miles away2707 Rolling Rd Stes 104-105 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 944-2649
- Pikesville Dialysis2.55 miles away6609 Reisterstown Road Ste 100 Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 358-1745
- Fresenius Medical Care Randallstown LLC2.58 miles away9109 Liberty Rd Randallstown Maryland 21133Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 655-1076
- Baltimore County Dialysis Facility2.67 miles away3689 a Offutt Road Randallstown Maryland 21133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (410) 922-2475
- Greenspring Dialysis Center2.69 miles away4701 Mt Hope Dr Ste C Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 585-0467
- Seton Drive Dialysis2.72 miles away4800 Seton Drive Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 585-0446