With an address in Baltimore, Maryland, Future Care Cold Spring is one of 27 facilities in the city. This facility was given an overall grade of B, which is favorable rating. This is one of the top 10 nursing homes in Baltimore. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Future Care Cold Spring
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on its recent inspections. We awarded it an A- for that area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Cold Spring?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few components, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a D in our long-term care category, leaving this as its worst grade. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 96.99454 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Cold Spring Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Cold Spring, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Cold Spring, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Cold Spring, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Cold Spring, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Cold Spring, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Cold Spring, 10.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Cold Spring, 92.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Cold Spring, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Cold Spring, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Future Care Cold Spring, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Cold Spring, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Cold Spring, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Cold Spring, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Baltimore, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baltimore, Maryland has 26 other nursing homes
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 3.43 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Davita Harford Road Dialysis Center0.97 miles away5800 Harford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 444-1544
- Coldsprings Dialysis, LLC1.08 miles away4700 Hartford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214Dialysis Stations: 6 (443) 444-4907
- Davita Good Samaritan Dialysis1.41 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 53 (443) 444-4099
- Fmc - Greater Baltimore1.86 miles away1104 Walters Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 532-0389
- Davita Loch Raven Dialysis2.27 miles away5315 York Rd Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 323-8790
- Treet Dialysis Inc2.49 miles away920 E 25th St Baltimore Maryland 21218CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 235-1611
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center2.54 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311
- Bma - Baltimore2.63 miles away2801 Greenmount Avenue Suite 2833 Baltimore Maryland 21218CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 235-5659