Future Care Chesapeake is a large nursing home located in Arnold, Maryland. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires respectable marks in most areas. As far as we can see, this place is a solid choice for most people. The best part of this facility's report card is is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Future Care Chesapeake
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home performed well in short-term care. We awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most meaningful for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Chesapeake?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. We assessed the licensure of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our rating in this area. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this area. Naturally, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 95.04951 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Chesapeake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Chesapeake, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Chesapeake, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Chesapeake, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which had a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Chesapeake, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Chesapeake, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Chesapeake, 10.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Chesapeake, 92.62% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Chesapeake, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Chesapeake, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Future Care Chesapeake, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Chesapeake, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Chesapeake, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Chesapeake, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Anne Arundel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away2001 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 481-1307
- Umd Baltimore Washington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away301 Hospital Drive Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 595-1967
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.63 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.55 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.66 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 17.83 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Us Renal Care - Chesapeake0.12 miles away305 College Pky Arnold Maryland 21012Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 431-5106
- Fmc - Anne Arundel4.56 miles away2032 Industrial Dr Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 266-7288
- Davita-Annapolis Dialysis5.14 miles away1127 West St Ste 100 Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 626-6139
- Davita Pasadena Dialysis5.25 miles away8037 Governor Ritchie Hwy. Suite A Pasadena Maryland 21122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 590-4615
- Bma - South Annapolis5.93 miles away304 Harry S Truman Pkwy Stes H-K Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 261-1036
- Idf - Arundel Center9.87 miles away804 Landmark Drive Ste 112 Glen Burnie Maryland 21061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (410) 768-5722
- Odenton Dialysis10.63 miles away1360 Blair Drive Suites L & M Odenton Maryland 21113Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 674-3918
- Fresenius Anne Arundel Outpatient Dialysis Services, LLC10.69 miles away1105 Annapolis Rd Odenton Maryland 21113Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 672-8024