Future Care Chesapeake is a large nursing home located in Arnold, Maryland. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This is just about as good of a place as you'll find. This facility also received consistently good grades in all of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Future Care Chesapeake
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Arnold senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is often a reliable assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Chesapeake?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing score looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Maryland in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility was given a high-end long-term care score. While this was not nearly as impressive as many of its other scores, this is still one of our stronger grades a facility can receive. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 95.26627 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Chesapeake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Chesapeake, 10.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Chesapeake, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Chesapeake, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Chesapeake, 12.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Chesapeake, 13.59% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Chesapeake, 11.04% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Chesapeake, 90.84% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Chesapeake, 20.64% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Chesapeake, 24.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Future Care Chesapeake, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Chesapeake, 24.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Chesapeake, 9.63 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Chesapeake, 73.32% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Anne Arundel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away2001 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 481-1307
- Umd Baltimore Washington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away301 Hospital Drive Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 595-1967
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.63 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.55 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.66 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 17.83 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Us Renal Care - Chesapeake0.12 miles away305 College Pky Arnold Maryland 21012Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 431-5106
- Fmc - Anne Arundel4.56 miles away2032 Industrial Dr Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 266-7288
- Davita-Annapolis Dialysis5.14 miles away1127 West St Ste 100 Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 626-6139
- Davita Pasadena Dialysis5.25 miles away8037 Governor Ritchie Hwy. Suite A Pasadena Maryland 21122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 590-4615
- Bma - South Annapolis5.93 miles away304 Harry S Truman Pkwy Stes H-K Annapolis Maryland 21401Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 261-1036
- Idf - Arundel Center9.87 miles away804 Landmark Drive Ste 112 Glen Burnie Maryland 21061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (410) 768-5722
- Odenton Dialysis10.63 miles away1360 Blair Drive Suites L & M Odenton Maryland 21113Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 674-3918
- Fresenius Anne Arundel Outpatient Dialysis Services, LLC10.69 miles away1105 Annapolis Rd Odenton Maryland 21113Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 672-8024