With an address in Reisterstown, Maryland, Future Care Cherrywood is the only nursing home we were able to find in the city. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this place. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Future Care Cherrywood
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall score, this facility fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. The nursing grade weighs a variety of subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Cherrywood?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable long-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.2 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to the final category we assessed, this nursing home received a decent score in inspections as well. We awarded it a score of B- for that category. This nursing home didn't have any major weaknesses. Inspection grades are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Cherrywood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Cherrywood, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Cherrywood, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Cherrywood, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Cherrywood, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Cherrywood, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Cherrywood, 10.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Cherrywood, 92.62% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Cherrywood, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Cherrywood, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Future Care Cherrywood, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Cherrywood, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Cherrywood, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Cherrywood, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Northwest Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away5401 Old Court Road Randallstown Maryland 21133Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 521-2200
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Carroll Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away200 Memorial Avenue Westminster Maryland 21157Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 848-3000
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Davita - Owings Mills2.97 miles away11221 Dolfield Blvd Owings Mills Maryland 21117Dialysis Stations: 25 (410) 363-2019
- Baltimore County Dialysis Facility4.84 miles away3689 a Offutt Road Randallstown Maryland 21133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (410) 922-2475
- Fresenius Medical Care Randallstown LLC5.75 miles away9109 Liberty Rd Randallstown Maryland 21133Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 655-1076
- Courtland Dialysis, LLC6.98 miles away7920 Scotts Level Road Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 9 (410) 922-5129
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Pikesville7.04 miles away115 Mchenry Ave Bedford Square 2 Suite D Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 13 (410) 484-3127
- Davita - Windsor Dialysis8.33 miles away2707 Rolling Rd Stes 104-105 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 944-2649
- Fresenius Kidney Care Lutheran Greenspring Drive8.77 miles away1940 Greenspring Drive Lutherville Timonium Maryland 21093Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 252-2140
- Pikesville Dialysis8.78 miles away6609 Reisterstown Road Ste 100 Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 358-1745